Judd Family 'Angry and Hurt' About Ashley's Memoir Shockers

Ashley Judd's shocking memoir telling all about her famous family has her mother, country legend Naomi Judd, and singing sister Wynonna fighting mad.

"How she could betray her own flesh and blood with this disturbed view of what happened is shocking and hurtful," a Judd family insider tells me. "These ugly family accusations should be discussed in private within the family, not printed and sold to the public to make a quick buck."

Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd
Ashley Judd

Ashley didn't hold anything back, claiming she was sexually abused and left with caregivers who used drugs, highlighting a childhood filled with neglect, abuse and deep depression.

"My mother, while she was transforming herself into the country legend Naomi Judd, created an origin myth for the Judds that did not match my reality," the actress writes. "I loved my mother, but at the same time I dreaded the mayhem and uncertainty that followed her everywhere. I often felt like an outsider observing my mom's life as she followed her own dreams."

Judd also writes that an older man sexually molested her in a pizza place when she was a young girl.

"Naomi and Wynonna have had a strained relationship with Ashley for years," an insider tells me. It was revealed on 'Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes' on OWN that Ashley had declined an invite to join her family on Oprah's show.

"This is the final nail in the coffin -- they are very angry and hurt that Ashley would write a book rather than deal with whatever problems they have privately," my source says. Ouch.